Cliff Berry, Inc., a privately owned company offering comprehensive Environmental Services for over 60 years is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator for its corporate team located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
The ESOH Coordinator will provide technical support and expertise to the organization in the ongoing maintenance, development and implementation of health, safety and environmental activities. The candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed and adhere to and on time.
- Submit required monthly, quarterly reports on a timely basis
- Assist ESOH Director in designing Safety & Health protocols
- Assist ESOH Director in preparing safety manuals, procedures and guidelines
- Manage OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Act as DOT Compliance officer, ensure all DQ files and DOT drivers meet all the requirements mandated by DOT and Cliff Berry Inc.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations
- Conduct new hire safety orientation
- Help develop controls for identified hazards and coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries
- Responsible for the overall administration of workers compensation program & transitional return to work program
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents, incidents, Near Misses and First Aid events
- Other duties as assigned
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.