Cliff Berry, Inc., a privately owned company offering comprehensive Environmental Services for over 60 years is seeking a Field Chemist working out of its Fort Lauderdale, FL office.
The Field Chemist is responsible for profiling various waste streams received by the company for disposal, creating the required documentation (both internal to CBI and for a client) to properly document a waste stream and assist in providing safety related interpretations for clients and CBI employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Review Disposal Services Department billing and documentation for compliance with CBI policies
- Review all non-routine waste streams prior to proposals being offered for services related to waste handling and disposal company wide
- Work with CBI operational personnel to identify proper handling procedures and safety protocols as related to waste streams we handle
- Strong ability to work independently and with a team
- Identify and vet waste treatment facilities, to properly dispose of wastes CBI manages
- Properly identify, classify, package and label hazardous materials and waste when attending a waste management site
- Ensure compatibility of waste within containers and within DOT and EPA compatibility guidelines
- Arrange sampling and interpret lab results when needed to properly classify waste materials
- Enter profiles into computer database and handle approvals at disposal facilities
- Requires rotating weekend coverage every other weekend
- Work after hours and on weekends as needed (Cliff Berry, Inc. is a 24/7/365 operation and as such will require nonstandard working times in some cases)
- Travel to company, job and customer sites and locations as required
- Supervise and provide safety instruction on job sites as needed via expertise in chemistry, SDS and field experience
- Write site safety plans as needed
- Once qualified, participate in the after-hours duty rotation
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.