The Lab Technician is responsible for preparing chemical solutions and performing a variety of wet chemistry tests on incoming wastes and finish products. Assures compliance to Q.A./Q.C. specifications, meets all local, county, state, and federal compliance requirements. Uses, cares, and provides preventive maintenance to laboratory equipment. Coordinates with outside facilities for supplies needed as replacement and equipment. Primary responsibility is to ensure quality control in all activities of the plant. Effective management to outcomes and timelines is critical to success in this role. Excellent listening skills and accuracy are essential.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Collect and record data required for compliance.
- Perform sampling and testing per ASTM standards of incoming water, oil, and chemical products received by the plant as well as discharge water and oil deliveries.
- Maintain a load tracker including logistical and analytical data for each load received.
- Enter analytical data in SAP for received loads.
- Manage receiving, copying, and filling various types of documentation.
- Order laboratory supplies. Make PO in SAP and contact vendors.
- Interpret test results using professional expertise and industry knowledge.
- Ensure all accepted loads are non-hazardous and fully compliant with local, state, and federal regulations. Reject loads when we are not permitted to accept the waste stream.
- Make processing decisions based on test results. Proactively communicate with Lab Manager and Facility Manager when in doubt.
- Responsible for companywide accurate and precise practices in collection of all samples.
- Coordinate maintenance of Lab equipment with Lab Manager.
- Calibrate and operate equipment per operating manual and ASTM.
- Interact with all levels of company management, external experts and vendors.
- Provide updates to Lab Manager regarding work performed & deliverables.
- Ability to function within a matrix organization and drive collaboration to execute project actions in ambiguous situations, with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for maintaining samples in storage per CBI policies.
- Assure that chemicals, reagents, and solutions used are within shelf life.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Complies with all safety and good housekeeping regulations and policies.
- Maintains working inventory of all necessary reagents and solutions to maintain an uninterrupted testing operation in the laboratory.
- Organize and maintain files per our permits’ recordkeeping requirements.
- Assist Lab Manager and work on R&D testing and evaluation.
- Communicate company policies and procedure to plant employees and drivers.
- Any other duty as assigned.
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.