The Shop Maintenance Diesel Mechanic performs maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner. Performs maintenance and repairs on aerial lift equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit
- Perform preventive maintenance on trucks such as fluid changes, lubrications, safety inspections, and brake repairs
- Perform preventive maintenance on off-road equipment such as lubrications, adjustments, cutting tip replacements, and safety inspections, examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed
- Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair including any design work and perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management
The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop or walk in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing and respiratory functions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds on a consistent daily basis
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for a minimum of 4 hours while conducting regular work duties
- Ability to respond to voice commands
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential job duties
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.