The Automotive/Body Shop Painter is responsible for painting various company trucks/vehicles as well as handling light vehicle bodywork. In addition, the painter must be someone who pays close attention to detail and is results-driven
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently with a minimum supervision
- Operate various pieces of equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
- Repair and refinish trucks/vehicles effectively and efficiently
- Ability to understand manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide consistent service for all vehicles
- Organize work and prioritize daily duties
- Strong detail orientation while maintaining high productivity and quality of work
- Maintain records of job status/completion
- Report deficiencies in equipment and operational items in a timely manner
- Ensure work areas are clean and safe
- Wear appropriate personal protective (PPE) equipment for tasks
- Must be able to extend scheduled working hours to accommodate emergency coverage or complete work in progress
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and climb ladders, walk, talk and hear. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing and respiratory functions. Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks.
Will be required to sometimes wear face shield, work on ladders, tops of tanks and vehicles, and rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
- Exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for a minimum of 4 hours while conducting regular work duties
- Ability to respond to voice commands
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material. The noise level in the environment is moderately noisy.
- Exterior environment involves hazards, requiring the use of protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust and noise.
- May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and rooftops
- May be required to work in adverse weather conditions
- Hazards include possible exposure to toxic, corrosive, or flammable chemicals.
- Work involves being around dangerous equipment.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.