Will be required to perform pre and post inspections before and after a trip. Drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. Drivers will also pick up waste oil at customer locations such as garages, automotive dealerships, quick change oil companies, fleet maintenance facilities, bus companies, airports and rental car companies. The Oil Route Sales and Service Driver may operate a Class B Tanker Truck or Box Truck. Position is known internally as a Class B Used Oil Driver.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations and obey all traffic laws
- Check the truck to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Report defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the tractor and/or trailer
- Pump out tanks and drums using hoses similar to an oil pumping truck
- Maintain customer service
- Drive the tractor and/or trailer to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations
- Up-sell products and services at customer locations and generate new leads in the field
- Obtain receipts, payment or signatures for services when required
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting loads
- Operate equipment, such as cell telephones, to exchange necessary information with dispatcher, operations manager, or other drivers
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs
- Inspect the load before and after to determine the physical condition
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Observe OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations
- Subject to random DOT drug and alcohol screens and regulations
- Maintain a valid commercial driver's license and medical cert card
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, walk and hear. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing and respiratory functions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to lift 20-50 pounds on a consistent daily basis
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for a minimum of 4 hours while conducting regular work duties
- Ability to respond to voice commands
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.