The Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Technician performs maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner.
• Must be a self-starter and ready to work
• Must have your own tools
• Large fleet and dealership experience preferred but not required
• Well organized both in shop procedure and paperwork
• Diagnose and work with fellow employees to devise repair strategies
• Good communication skills
• Must have upbeat attitude and get along with other employees
• Good problem-solving skills
• Must have the ability to work with helpers and train as needed
• CDL Class A license is recommended but not required
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance,
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• Paid Uniforms.
Cliff Berry’s fleet is diverse and made up of many different types of equipment. Cars, Trucks (Gas and Diesel), Trailers, and construction equipment of all types.
If this sounds like a position that you qualify for please submit resume.
The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop or walk in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing and respiratory functions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
• Ability to lift 10-20 pounds on a consistent daily basis
• Ability to stand, sit or walk for a minimum of 4 hours while conducting regular work duties
• Ability to respond to voice commands
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential job duties
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
*ASE and manufacturer certifications are a plus in areas such as Caterpillar Cummins, MX, Eaton/Meritor, Electrical Systems, Brakes, Clutches and air conditioning, etc.
*Must be proficient in minor and major repairs on medium and heavy-duty trucks
*Having the ability to work with Electronic Diagnostic software is a plus
*Minimum 5 years experience