Cliff Berry Inc. is seeking a dynamic self-motivated and detailed oriented Assistant Operational Plant Manager for our Miami Industrial Treatment Facility. The Assistant Operational Plant Manager reports directly to the Vice President Resource Recovery and is responsible for the management of multiple plant operations. Position includes supervision of plant employees and processes in accordance with the policies, procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the Facility to ensure that it is operated effectively, efficiently and safely. Essential Functions: • Proper evaluation of each waste stream entering the facility for processing/disposal to ensure compliance with its corresponding profile documentation. • Proper documentation of the various waste streams received at the facility for processing or disposal. • Ensures accurate record keeping of all operational functions. • Performs QA/QC procedures on treated waste streams and used oil to ensure validity of data. • Oversight of all discharge operations to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards. • Interacts with visiting regulatory authorities • Perform audits with third-party plant customers. • Supervise a staff which involves responsibilities for coaching, interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, performance evaluations, developing goals and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals • Conducts OJT for employees in proper work practices and continues safety inspection control on a regular basis. • Maintains the performance, condition, and reliability of all piping, thermal fluid heaters, hydraulics, pumps and pumping systems, and other equipment to ensure efficient operation • Develops, evaluates and maintains preventative maintenance program on all facility equipment, storage tanks and the physical plant. • Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures as necessary to ensure the safe & effective operation of the facility, its personnel and equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of petro-chemical engineering, and wet chemistry
• Knowledge of waste acceptance criteria in compliance with all regulatory standards.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of industrial waste water treatment.
• Knowledge of discharge parameters for all waste streams in compliance with all regulatory standards.
• Mechanical knowledge of hydraulics, thermal fluid heaters, fluid transfer, piping, pumps and pumping systems in the processing of used oil.
• Mechanical knowledge of fluid transfer, oil-water separator, DAF, Clarifiers, piping, pumps, pumping systems and air stripping units in the processing of waste water treatment.
• Working knowledge of relevant sampling, analytical, data management, and equipment maintenance techniques.
• Knowledge of chemicals used in waste water treatment
• Knowledge of safety procedures and application of safety principles to fuels handling, use of equipment, facility maintenance, and use of personal protective equipment.
• Skill in operating fluid transfer systems, oil-water separator, DAF, piping, pumps and pumping systems.
• Skill in fluid transfer methods
• Skill in collecting samples and monitoring ph levels.
• Skill in administering correct chemical dosages.
• Skill in performing quality control of product
• Skill in operating air stripping init.
• Organize activities in order to complete tasks in accordance with priorities, address multiple demands, or meet deadlines; ability to organize tasks and working environment to maximize efficiency.
• Focus attention on tasks, which may be complex, routine, or repetitive,
• Perform routine equipment checks and completing related records and reports.
• Skill in development and implementation of treatment processes in oil processing and waste water.
• Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives
• Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations
• Strong analytical ski
Education and Experience Requirements
• B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical, Petro-Chemical Engineering a plus
• Five + years of experience in industrial waste water treatment, hazardous materials disposal, non-hazardous waste treatment disposal and used oil treatment
• Three to five years management experience in Industrial Waste Water and Used Oil Processing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Bi-lingual English - Spanish required
• Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org